Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Inspiring Perseverance

This is the most inspiring thing that I have seen in a while. (thanks Mom for the picture- more below). This tiny bird built this nest of clay piece by piece, carrying what little bit of clay he could on each trip til it was done. Talk about perseverance!.  Today we all want whatever we want NOW or ASAP.  I am so overwhelmingly inspired and realize that working toward a goal is never a waste of time and bit by bit you/I can and will reach it if we have patience and perseverance.  Time is passing anyway so why not work on the thing that you want while it passes. Bit by bit and maybe you/I will get there as long as we can imagine the end result.  (And sometimes with a little help.)  A book written, a song recorded, a purse made :-), a license obtained, a healthier body, a business.......

And I wonder how many times this little bird dropped the clay from his beak and had to go back and get more. How many failures before the success. I'm printing and keeping this picture at my desk to remind me.

The e-mail sent with this picture just said WOW.  WOW indeed.

"I'll put this little piece here." wow
with a little help from my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment