Total Pageviews

Monday, December 24, 2012

Conspiracy of Love

 "Blessed is the season which engages the 

                     whole world in a conspiracy of love"                      

                                                                           Hamilton Wright Mabel (over 100 yrs ago)


A conspiracy: a secret plan among two or more people to do a particular thing. 

Love: the feeling of liking somebody or something very much, warmth, kindness

 

So how cool it is that someone years and years ago came up with a secret plan to celebrate Christmas and make it time to feel warm and loving to one another. Then for Mr. Mabel to recognize that. We would certainly welcome any season that enhances love around the world. 

My dear friend Lin Schussler-Williams has taken this quote and thrown down a challenge. Well, she is more polite than that- she is inviting us to -in her words- 
    "Join me in making the end of 2012 exactly this: a season engaging the whole world in a conspiracy of love."
    "It is really easy. Just in your heart, in your thoughts, and in your words and actions, be  a presence for the conspiracy of love.  Ask yourself, is what I'm thinking in alignment with a larger conspiracy for love?  Is what I'm thinking coming from love?  Are the words I'm about to utter, or just said, in the spirit of love?  Am I acting like someone committed to a conspiracy of love? " 

If you are like me you will have to catch yourself, occasionally bite your tongue, rearrange a thought, hum the Lords Prayer, pinch yourself, pinch me or someone else when we stray from the conspiracy (lol) But eventually it will become our nature.

I want to take it a step farther- lets see if we can extend the season of love throughout 2013.  I believe that the Mayans did have it right- it was the end of the world as we know it, because so many people are tuned into having a "new world" of peace and love. This conspiracy is going to spread world wide. I vow to do my part. Won't you join me? 

And the lion lay down with the lamb.

Luv ya,


No comments:

Post a Comment