Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Senseless

I thought my next blog should mention the senseless tragedy in Connecticut on Friday. Yesterday I didn't know what to say.  I was filled with anger as much as sadness and was berating myself for the anger. Cussing to myself and out loud at guns and at people who I feel are too stupid to understand that no one needs an automatic or semi automatic weapon.  Cussing the "gun enthusiast" mother who had all those guns available to a son she knew was "troubled". I will never agree with them nor understand their thinking.
 I read this and am borrowing because I can't say it better:

"I want to add to the level of peace in the world; I don't want to add to the violence by how I am with myself, others & the world. I don't always succeed in this. Sometimes my thoughts or my words are vicious, separating, name-calling, accusatory, fired with the agony of senseless tragedies."          Oriah Mountain Dreamer


 As a parent I can't help but think about what the kids went through. Did any of them live long enough to cry out for their parents. Morbid thinking, I know, but it's there.  I felt a bit guilty going out to celebrate Christmas on Friday- but I heard a Rabbi speak and his message was that living life, in remembrance, is the best way to celebrate the lives of those killed. He said the full living of life is a way of worshiping God.

Do not question God- We were given free will. Free will and the state of humanity did this. Things have to change from within. 

Saying Love you as I usually do is not enough.  Every cell in my body cries out with an overwhelming emotion for my family, friends and other readers that can not be described by any word in the dictionary.






No comments:

Post a Comment