Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Breaking the thought pattern.

I know most of us have times where we just can't fall asleep or we get awakened in the night and can't go back to sleep.  I've had several of those nights lately.  I lay there and allowed my mind to go places it shouldn't go.  Humm wonder what she meant when she said that?  Humm that job's never gonna come through, humm I can't believe I saw another wrinkle............ and on and on. Negative chatter.  In a huff this last night I jumped up, something I hate to do once I'm in the bed, but I wasn't sleeping anyway  and I realized I had to break that pattern of thought. I started practicing what I preach.  I went to one of my CDs, one with a soothing voice telling me what wonderful creations we all are and that we all deserve the best from the universe. But also suggesting action steps to get what we want from the universe. Better to go to bed feeling empowered than at the mercy, right!? I was nodding off before I even got to the end of the CD.  I went to bed and snoozed joyously.  I could also have picked up a book that contains positive messages. And at the very least I've picked up the Sunday crossword puzzle.  Not being able to answer any of the clues is a real snoozer, but really not as spiritually helpful is it. ha ha

The idea is to break the thought pattern. And this negative thinking doesn't just happen when we are trying to sleep. I've spoken to others who say they have arguments with themselves and others in their minds while driving, getting ready in the morning, etc.  I know you know what I mean.  Also just being in a really bad mood- angry or blue.  These friends say they play music, sing, quote bible verses, speak positive affirmations, anything to break the negative chatter or negative feelings. Negative thought creates negative vibrations which creates negative in our lives.

But back to the sleeping problem- isn't it better to go to sleep with a positive message swirling around in your brain.

Luv ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment