Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Think n Grow Rich

Oh my gosh- Thank you Lin Schussler Williams for suggesting I read this book again. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.  I say again, because I read it years ago in my 20s or 30s when I completed a series of Dale Carnegie classes. But I really either just didn't get it, or I didn't pay attention.  New age schmu age, this book was written in 1938. Here is just a snippit from  CHAPTER 1 for heaven's sake. Can't wait to discover more as I read on.

The ether in which this little earth floats, in which we move and have our being, is
a form of energy moving at an inconceivably high rate of vibration, and the ether is filled with a form of universal power which ADAPTS itself to the nature of the thoughts we hold in our minds; and INFLUENCES us, in natural ways, to transmute our thoughts into their physical equivalent this power makes no attempt to discriminate between destructive thoughts and constructive thoughts, it will urge us to translate into physical reality thoughts of poverty, just as quickly as it will influence us to act upon thoughts of riches

 Our brains become magnetized with the dominating thoughts which we hold
in our minds, and, by means with which no man is familiar, these "magnets" attract to us the forces, the people, the circumstances of life which harmonize with the nature of our dominating thoughts.
  
I was floored when I read this!!  To translate to today's language:

 THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS- CHOOSE THE GOOD ONES


1938! Think about it. This man studied the wealthy and the happy (not necessarily the same people because we know wealth doesn't always mean happiness) for years. And he came away with the "science/physics" of the root of the success, just as Einstein did.  Thoughts, frequency (vibration), energy (ether).  You can create poverty or you can create riches- in health, happiness and wealth. 

Luv ya-  PS Go get this book. 



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quote, Vicki! Thanks for sharing your wisdom in my life!! :D

    ReplyDelete