Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Enchanted Lawn Mower

Okay- this may take a bit of faith from you guys, but as I've posted many times I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE.
That said- I have an enchanted lawn mower. Yes I said enchanted. From how it came to be in my possession, to the kind old man who serviced it previously, to how it reacts to me. 

You may have read my post a while back where I just wanted to give up, which was facilitated by the mower not working. It had just stopped on me. I think I also said that maybe it was for the best. What I didn't write was that I was very hot and my heart was racing. After I stopped trying to fix it I began pulling weeds and I got really light-headed. So I stopped and went inside.

A couple days after that I just felt drawn to try to fix the mower again and I felt like I was led to the exact thing I needed to do. I had no idea there was a compartment with a filter in it but I found it, figured out that it opened, and was led to pull out and dust off the filter. Voila- it started. I had only a bit more grass to cut to be finished. I finished it with a lot less sweating, etc.

That mower has stopped on me 2 other times and each time it has been when I was saying to myself that I should probably stop before I have a stroke or heart attack. "But I just have a littler more to go!!" (I do the same thing when I exercise- I just what to keep going.) Boom the thing stops.  I am not making this up. I laughed so hard yesterday when I came to this realization. I was going to try to finish the backyard, but full disclosure- after the mower stopped I got so light-headed that I actually went out front in case I fainted so someone might see me.lol  Did the mower know this!??  lol

I love my mower!~!  It was given to me, free,  by a nice man. While I haven't yet met the man who serviced the mower, I've been told he is a sweet, wise older man. Maybe he added a nice charm to the mower, or maybe my guardian angels are involved.  I've got a little bit more to cut so out I go and it'll be a breeze.

Crazy?  Maybe- but it's fun believing. Alli and Nick, I hope you guys can have fun with the dull things in life. Makes it so much easier.

Luv ya,

No comments:

Post a Comment