Total Pageviews

Friday, March 9, 2012

Make Room For Joy

Funny again where one can get inspiration. I went to one of the plays in the New American Plays series at Actors Theater. It was a really cool play about the rise of Rap music. It was a really fun production. Without telling the whole plot I will just say the story concentrated on two young men who had very different, but somewhat troubled home lives.

At one point they each were told to take in Joy. But to do that they had to push out anything that is not Joy. One of the boys just sorta took deep breaths and mentally pushed out his bad stuff. The other one used his words- he shouted, he rhymed, he cried. 

It just struck me how positive messages are all around us if we pay attention. I looked around to see if I could tell from the faces if anyone else was moved by this part of the play. (I saw a couple of people nodding.)

So- shout, scream, punch your pillow, take deep breaths - whatever, to push out anything that is not Joy- then breathe in the the Joy. Raise your arms and breath it in!!  Gosh I love you guys so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment