Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The AWE of life.

Life is a mystery to be lived, 
not a problem to be solved.
Bumper Sticker :)

This is so good.  I know I have spent many years making everything a problem. (and still do sometimes) to the point that I don't enjoy the process. I thinks this is similar to "Enjoy where you are on the way to where you're going" and "don't sweat the small stuff".  

While in Bernheim Forest this weekend, I remembered going there when Nick was maybe 3, Alli 13 and when Nick got out of the car near a field that led to a lake, he was so thrilled. He opened his eyes wide, made oh and ah sounds, just smiled and took off running toward the lake. I'll never be sure of why he was so in awe, but if we can just keep a bit of that feeling about life- that mystery of discovery. Wouldn't that be nice. Then we climbed a tree- Alli took Nick up as far as she felt safe and they just beamed. Big Sigh- let's do that again.

Luv ya  

No comments:

Post a Comment