Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Difficult people 2-Grin n bear it.

This is a hard one too- but when you encounter difficult people, particularly on an ongoing basis- someone you work with, have to see in a class or social situation- if you can, think of it this way- this person is there to help you practice- patience, ignoring, keeping your mouth shut, staying calm, etc.   The more you encounter them the better you will get.  So say a mantra of gratefulness for this person.

I am grateful- name here- is in my life.  This person makes me feel even more grateful for other people in my life.   Sending such positive thoughts toward these people may help to smooth out their rough edges.

Try it- heaven knows I've had to do this- and it really, really worked in one case. I actually feel a kinship with this person- I still find him to be difficult but I can inwardly smile. In another case I didn't do this- I acknowledge that now and I see the damage it did. I don't see this person anymore but if I did I would be a different person around them.

Please- give me some examples of this in your life.

Luv ya.

1 comment: