Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bad Days Happen


Dear loved ones (that would be everyone I know) - A new affirmation or prayer- "Father, thank You for making Your home in my heart. I need Your presence today, Lord. Help me to honor You with my thoughts and my words and to be a blessing to those around me."

The story-(you knew there'd be one. Right? :-)  I was having a bad day yesterday, an angry day. Obviously not taking my own advice, as a friend quickly pointed out.  Actually his words were "GO READ YOUR BLOG". I was not honoring God, the universe or myself with my thoughts and words and I was definitely not a blessing. (that happens! It's human, occasionally- but to dwell is toxic- so I surf it for awhile, but I know that my angels will not be near me when I act this way. It hurts them, so then I try to get my head back where it belongs)

NOW HERE'S THE GOOD PART. The prayer above was in my e-mail this morning. That and commentary that included: "A commitment to turn from behavior that offends"  and  "When we choose to be intentional with our words, giving thanks to God and lifting up others, we'll feel connected to God all throughout the day."
 
Gave me goosebumps and tears- OMG- just what I needed. You'd think I would get used to these "coincidences". But I am awed and inspired still. Thank you, thank you!. (remember you have to give credit). Even if there was not a story- that is a great affirmation for the day. Substitute whatever words you need to for your beliefs if "Father & Lord" don't work for you.

Have an occasional bad moment, hour or so, everyone does- but try hard to not let it last- it is toxic- Then say I'm sorry, and thank the universe for helping to pull you out of it.
Continue to look for the coincidences in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment