Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

Meditation

Dear Nick & Alli- I cannot stress enough how good meditation is for the mind, body and soul. I am proof to myself. When I practice every day or even a few times a week, I cannot explain how much better my life is, nor can I explain why. It just is!  Unfortunately, I let "stuff" get in the way and I don't do it like I should.   I know I said there are no shoulds, but this is an exception to the rule. I should do this.
You don't have to sit in a room with your legs crossed, hands in prayer or burn candles or anything specific, but you can if you want. Just find a quiet place, do sit up straight to open your chakras and try to quieten your mind.

I love how topics keep popping up in my mail box. Below is a link to a page that came to me in the Daily Good e-mail I get. It is a bit long- but take some time to at least skim it. This is written by a converted meditation skeptic
 
http://www.dailygood.org/view.php?sid=172

An excerpt from the piece that might help you get started:

The actual practice of meditation includes sitting silently with proper positioning and focusing your attention. This book directed me to focus my attention on breath. (mindful breathing- there are other types of meditation, such as guided) Anytime a thought or emotion would come up that was not breath, I would recognize that I was thinking or feeling something else and then return my mind back to breath. It was hard for me to believe that something this simple would help me, but I was determined to try it.
 
Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment