Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gut Check

My male readers may not like this one so much because it is "shopping" heavy- but the message can be used in other areas. The message really is using our intuition/gut feelings to our advantage. - Using shopping to make my point.

We as human's have to be able to understand the messages our bodies and minds send us.  For example- when you have a headache as a child you just have a headache. You don't have a clue what it means or why you have it, you just want mommy to make it go away. Most of us now, because of experience can tell if the headache is caused by sinus problems, or too much wine :-) or a flu bug, etc.  We can also learn by experience what our mind/soul is telling us. Intuition- that feeling in our gut or our brain.  Most of us don't tune into that, don't listen to our "universe".

Ladies- you know what I mean because you get that feeling when you are standing at the checkout counter with an item you really don't need or really can't afford or just really shouldn't be buying now. We all understand this, right!?  Joyce Meyer says to listen to that feeling. Buying it anyway may cause some problem down the road. Short on money, mad husband, overflowing closet, you won't really get your money's worth, whatever.

But is this feeling the same one you get when you are making a life decision? Is the apprehension/intuition that is telling you NO the same one you get at the checkout counter- that nagging "I know I shouldn't be doing this" or is it fear. Because fear can keep us from making some very positive moves in our lives.  It would be great if we could bottle those feeling when we get them and pull them out to compare at the right time.  Right?  Well we sorta can and probably have. In our very cells our brains/bodies/souls know the difference, just like the subtle differences in our headaches,  we just may have to dig deep to pull them out. 

I've been trying lately to listen more to my intuition and then see if I am right. And guess what?  I've been wrong a few times.  So it does take practice. Example- I was sure, just had a feeling that if I reached out to someone (not my story to tell so they shall remain anonymous) there would be a very positive result/reward. I was so so sure.  But there was also the much stronger fearful feeling that I should mind my own business (like I said not my story to tell).  Ahhhggg  Two different intuitions.  Good chance to practice.  I went for it. But so far nothing.  Not the good reward anyway but a bit of a backlash for me not minding my own business. 

I wish our intuitions could give a clearer message. I've met some really "enlightened" people who understand their subtle messages so well. They rarely make a decision without first doing a "gut check". (That phrase, gut check has been around for a long time so it must mean something)  Actually taking a minute or 2 or in meditation to access what their body is telling them. But they tell me it took practice for them too sooooo.......let's all practice and share our stories. Maybe we can learn from each other and make better decisions. 

Comment if you have a story to share.




No comments:

Post a Comment