Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WWJD

Hello- I said a few posts back I would write my thoughts about the teachings of Jesus or being more "Christ like".  WWJD- the popular What Would Jesus do?

As kids we learn in Sunday schools and sermons that we were made in the image of God. So everyone pictures Jesus looking like them and of course he's handsome and God is a white- haired man in the sky.  I think most adults realize that what this means is that we were made to image/mirror Jesus- be like him in behavior/character. Follow his teachings. You can read the sermon on the mount section in the Bible to get an overview of his beliefs.  But he lived them everyday. Working with the poor, the "unclean" rejecting the social systems of the day, taking to time to pray and have fellowship and fun with his friends, sharing.

But what it boils down to is this; Love and praise (be grateful to) God and the universe,
love yourself (VERY IMPORTANT and not always easy) 
love your neighbor (everyone) as yourself. 
Give back when you can.

I am certainly not a Bible expert. I interpret the Bible as best I can from my experiences and probably sometimes to reinforce my beliefs. 

Spoiler alert here for some of my readers- Stop reading if you are a devout Christian and believe that is the only way-

I believe God sent to earth several "special" people to help us find our way. All sons and daughters of God- as we all are. How else can we explain the similarities in teachings from the different religions around the world. We were given Jesus and are expected to live by his teachings.

Look at Buddhism (summed up)
to lead a moral life,
to be mindful and aware of thoughts and actions, and
to develop wisdom and understanding.

Of course there are teachings, The Four Noble Truths and The Noble Eightfold Path to help Buddhists to reach these goals.

This can get very heavy and complicated- so I will end here. Be kind and happy. Study whatever is needed to help you get there. 

Luv ya

No comments:

Post a Comment