Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Age??

2 Corinthians 10:5

casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

 A morning reading from Joyce Meyer. I still find it so amazing that the Bible has so many teachings that all the "new agers" are using now. I could go on and on about that. Positive thought, attraction (asking for what we want), gratefulness, meditation, chakras, reki, etc have been taught throughout the ages. It isn't "NEW AGE". It has been part of our make-up since the beginning of time. The "Fall in Eden" messed it up a little, but then Jesus came back to help straighten us out. Unfortunately the good news and messages in the Bible have been taken hostage by "Christians" who have given it a bad name and so some people would never turn to the Bible for inspiration. I was one of those people. Also it is sometimes hard to discern the message due to the language. But I know how valuable it is. And guess what- new age spirituality led me to know this. So...   

The message I take from the verse above has been a common theme in my postings.  Turn negative thought to positive thought.  This has often been a theme in my postings, I guess because I need to remember it so much. We all do.  

How powerful is it to know that imaginations (that horrible chatter on our heads) that tell us we aren't good enough or whatever negativity is there is actually a thought against what God knows to be true. He knows we are wonderful people worthy of our dreams. WOW.  And the words "obedience to Christ" could be a bit weird, but it just means to the teachings of Jesus. If you just look at the teachings of Jesus, it is easy to turn your thoughts into that. To be more Christ like.  And that is really what we should all strive for. I'll look a bit into those teachings for you and write my thoughts on those next time. 

Love ya, 

No comments:

Post a Comment