Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 3, 2012

AH HA

Let's see if I can get this out- written so it can be understood the way I hope it to be understood.

My writing this morning was gonna start with me expressing that I hadn't had any real "ah ha" moments in awhile. I was going to say that I believed that was because I was in a bit of a worry state and also that I haven't been taking the time to meditate- listen- reflect.  Also Tuesday was a bad day for me. A "can't get off the couch" depressed day. I won't say why- a girl has to keep some things to herself. Then as I was sitting at the computer I realized that I had an Ah ha moment that I didn't recognize. I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM TOO- BE AWARE As I was laying on the couch I told myself I would allow this for awhile then I had to adjust my attitude and go on. But all through the day I was using my own advice and turning my negative thoughts into positive as often as I could and voila! a solution came to me out of the blue. I was like "dang- why didn't I think of this before" I wasted all that time. (okay see how easy it is to go into the negative- I didn't waste the time, I used it to my benefit :-) I truly believe that once I calmed my mind by going into peace- being positive- a solution was presented to me. IT WORKS!!

Anyway- I still don't know if it is going to work out the way I want- I think it will though- and I'm no longer depressed - so stay tuned.

Okay then I go to my reading this morning and look at this!

Psalm 118:24
24 This is the day the LORD has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.


THERE'S MORE- This was the narrative to go with it.

There are days when the last thing we want to do is rejoice. Our mood is down, our situation is out of hand, and our sorrow or guilt is overwhelming. We can relate to the writers of the psalms who often felt this way. But no matter how low the psalmists felt, they were always honest with God. And as they talked to God, their prayers ended in praise. When you don't feel like rejoicing, tell God how you truly feel. You will find that God will give you a reason to rejoice. God has given you this day to live and to serve him-be glad!

OMG- right?  Teach me to doubt! To say I'm not having Ah Ha moments!  I did exactly what the writers did- I acknowledged my mood- I got mad about it and said so out loud by the way, then went positive and again "voila!. I found a reason to "rejoice".  Please understand that rejoice sounds like jumping up and down and waving your arms and stuff- I wasn't doing that- but I was happier.

Luv ya- 








No comments:

Post a Comment