Total Pageviews

Friday, May 18, 2012

Others need us too.

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, 

                              you would never think a negative thought.

                                                                                              - Peace Pilgrim -


I've written about positive thoughts before, but in the context of thinking them for ourselves. But if positive thinking can work on ourselves then why not on others in our lives.  I don't mean like wishing something bad would happen to someone you don't like. -That may work- but then you have the bad Karma to contend with yourself.  I do believe that good and bad thoughts and words send out the energy and can have an affect. Call it praying if you like but I'm also talking about the thoughts that drift in and out of your mind as well as simple conversation. 

If you find yourself thinking a bad thought about someone change it immediately just like you would for yourself.

He/she is so stupid to he/she is so stupendous.  He/she is just lazy to he/she will find the energy. Or something like that.

Examples
-one I already wrote about- negative talk, constant complaining about our marriage, mate, loved one. Turn to positive.

-I have a friend who has recently gone into remission from cancer. She is a firm believer in the power of positive thinking and therefore also in negative thinking. When she was diagnosed she told very few people because she didn't want the negative thoughts that could accompany the news. "Oh poor ____"  "Oh that is a horrible cancer",  "oh only 10% of people live thru that"- You get the picture- all the comments and thoughts that people have in a well meaning way, but definitely negative.

-Occasionally when I meditate I let my mind travel to the homes of people I love. It might go to Nashville and hover over Nick's bed and I send glowing positive energy. 

Practice consciously sending positive thoughts and energy to others in your life, to their situations. And also be conscious of the negative ones. Notice if it has an impact on you also- KARMA

No comments:

Post a Comment