Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chaos

Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you are.

- Cherie Carter-Scott



I wanted to share that because I thought it was pretty good.- but I'm writing about something else.

I read a book once written by a woman who I assumed was "religious".  It turned out she is what I call "spiritual".  A Louisvillian also.  It was a very simple book- I lent it out several times and really don't know where it landed, and I can't remember the name of the book. But a part of the book keeps coming back to me in the last few days.  This book first introduced me to the concept that I may have met my guardian angel.  But another thing that stood out for me was her concept of good and evil (God and the devil). She called it Peace and Chaos. I know for some the idea of a Devil is too much to take on. So Chaos is the perfect substitute.
While she did talk about God in her book she related that Universal entity to Peace. So when things were bad for her she talked about fighting Chaos. The energy that we create due to our actions(our free will) our thoughts, the actions and thoughts of others around us create the Chaos, not some being who lives a fiery pit under ground.  It takes practice and discipline to ward off Chaos. And sometimes we just can't- and then it is how we react to Chaos that brings the Peace.   

I've written before that our angels shy away from us when we're in a Chaotic state of mind.  But just slowing down and asking for their help shifts your energy and allows the Peace to be near. 

Chaos is also that little devil on your shoulder- the negative thoughts that nag during the day. So the best way to ward off Chaos is to be with Peace-  (get it? :-)

At a Joyce Meyer event the other day she mentioned the devil many times. I kept replacing that in my mind with Chaos and it really makes so much sense that way.  Look in the Bible where the devil (Satan) is mentioned- replace it with the word Chaos and see if it doesn't fit for you.

Luv ya,

No comments:

Post a Comment