Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Almost Summer & stuff

Dear Nick and Allie-  It's almost summer.  On my walk this morning I passed a car pulling a trailer behind holding 2 jet skis. Oh boy I'd like to go with them.  I have always thought that people need something like this- water sports, swimming pools, lakes, something to separate summer from winter. A lake house is a nice way- going away for the weekends. How about a couple of weekends on a houseboat. Just not doing the same everyday things we do in the winter. Then our lives are just like one long, run on sentence.  Outdoor music festivals. The beach. (What do you do if you live at the beach?) That's why I tired to put Nick in different summer camps- the zoo, the Human Society, YMCA, church- so the summer wouldn't all run together.

This also makes me think about how we spend our time in general. I think it's important to put ourselves out there.  Remember my blog about walking in the snow at 6:30 am?  To do memorable things to make memories.  Dress up for Halloween. Go to special events where you have to dress formally- it makes you feel really special and different- makes cool memories.  Gather up a group of friends and acquaintances and go to a festival, a picnic, hike in a park. Have a theme party instead of just having people over.

Volunteer- A "mentor" once told me that volunteering/joining a group and the relationships you create doing so is what life is all about. 

Don't just sit there- Just Do It (sorry Nike)  Don't do ordinary-do extraordinary! (I know that sometimes the simple things can be extraordinary too)

Luv ya 


No comments:

Post a Comment