Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Guardian Angels

Dear Alli, Nick and Friends--  I've mentioned before that I know God can't do everything and be everywhere though we are taught that in Sunday School. His helpers are our angels. I believe there are general angels and there are guardian angels.
There are many mentions of angels in the bible and 11 people who were visited by angels in the Bible. (Life Application Bible). Each visit is described as being fearful, (" they were sore afraid- speaking of the Shepherds who were visited by an angel.) until they were convinced to not be afraid. Then they were joyful that God was accepting of them and offering his friendship and help. How great to know we have that kind of help and friendship!! So if there were angels way back then- why not now. Did they just disappear or go away? I think not. We just have to open our hearts and minds and be accepting and unafraid.

I have several guardian angels and they have been named- Treasure is my mischievous angel. She's the one that puts my under wear in the freezer cause I would never do that ;-). (yes it happen- muli-tasking). Then there is Major my main angel, my watch guard and confident. The one that shows up the most. And several others.

Story- Saturday I was cleaning the bathroom and was taking the wastebasket to the trash. As I went down the hall for some reason I dropped it. I wasn't heavy, but it flipped out of my hands and the contents scattered everywhere. I was cussing and berating myself and going oooh, ick. Then I looked down and there was an expensive eye cream I had been looking for. LOVE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!. Coincidence?  I don't know, but I thanked my angels and God anyway.  They love to be thanked and will work with you more often if you do. I mean if you didn't thank a friend that helped you, they'd be reluctant to help you again.sooooooo

Moral of this long winded writing (sorry)-  Think back to times that you've had near misses and cool findings etc. Accept and acknowledge that you are being helped. Try to get in touch with your guardian angels. Do you think you might have met yours without realizing it. I have. Nick you have. I could go on and on on this subject- but I'll stop now.  Luv ya'll.

4 comments:

  1. this was a really good one. i was giggling. funny how i can "hear" your tone of voice when you write these. esp this one.

    who is nick's angel? details...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! what is the "life application bible"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life App bible is a bible that someone gave Joel & I for our wedding gift. At the time I was like Really?? A bible!. Now I want to remember who gave it to me to thank them. It has so much explanation and history. And a list that directs to places in the bible where you can find specific mentions such as angels, grace, patience etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Nick's angel was a man who approached him in Boston- think I told you that story. He walked up to Nick (with his little son) out of a big crowd and told him he was special like he had a glow and that God had plans for him. I can tell you more stories about what other people have said about seeing their angel.

    ReplyDelete