Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2012

No Guilt

Dear Alli & Nick- I want to explain today that it is important to me that no guilt be associated with my writings. Alli you said to me on the phone that you have been reading the postings but had not really done the exercises (I think we were talking about listing our 2012 hopes & wishes). That's okay- I've posted quite a few exercises and will post more in the future. These posting just explain what I've learned and what I like. You only need to act on what you are drawn to or feel compelled by. And not just with my posting, but in all facets of spirituality you may come across. It's a very personal thing. There are no "I should"s, or "I need to" s. There is just "I want to". You want to because it feels good for you. Because you know it is working in your life or will work. But of course, I do hope you feel compelled at times.

For some people it's going to church every week, for others it meditation groups, or bible study, etc. They do this because it is what makes them feel good/better about themselves and this world.

See the important thing for me is that you are just exposed. That the words enter your brain because I know you are exposed to a lot of garbage (remember Zig Zigger- Garbage in Garbage out). I know people who put positive affirmations all over their house, the bathroom mirror, on the car visor, etc. I truly believe that positive messages, positively affect our lives.

Also, Nick we were having a conversation where spirituality came up. And while I don't remember the specifics, I remember you saying something along the lines of "Why didn't you ever tell me/teach me about this?"  Well I don't know Nick. I was too new to it myself, I guess. But I have ever since and I am now.

SO TAKE WHAT YOU WANT AND LEAVE THE REST. (Joni Mitchell?)

2 comments:

  1. for me it's about finally getting a moment to actually sit down to read and take in your blogs not just read them like junk mail. i am really enjoying them. it just might be a few days of not reading them so i can really sit down and absorb.

    ReplyDelete