Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Believe (part II)

Dear Nick & Alli- To add to yesterday's post a bit.
I call on my "peeps" who have passed on, my guardian angels, God, the universe in what some might say are inappropriate times- the small stuff. But I believe that God wants to hear from us all the time. (when I say God- I also mean all of his/her helpers, "my peeps"- he really can't do it all alone- no matter what the "religious ho haw" want you to think) When we're in dire need, but also just when we want to let off steam or have a chat about a decision or to thank him for your peanut butter and jelly sandwich, just whatever. An example, thus the part II-  When I run I sometimes talk out loud- running by yourself can get boring and the monkey chatter in our brain can bring up some bad stuff if you're not careful. You know what I mean by monkey chatter right? So I sometimes say things like "God loves me", "my family & friends love me", "I'm cool and pretty;-), "John come on help me up this hill", etc. Silly I know, but effective. Sometimes I say the Lord's Prayer (the most perfect prayer for any occasion in my opinion-take it line for line and it covers everything you need- for another posting).  Is it inappropriate to call for help to just get up a hill? I don't think so.

My point is to talk to the universe when you need extra umph to get going. No matter how small the need.  Let it out!! Saying or singing, which is even better, the Lords Prayer or other positive affirmations over your monkey chatter might diminish, at least a bit, the anger, the hurt, the tediousness of the job. At the very least it builds up positive universe karma.   Try it!   Luv ya, luv ya, luv ya!!

2 comments:

  1. i do find my self "talking" to "my peeps" more than i do "God"

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I think he/she's okay with that- as long as we're staying in touch.

    ReplyDelete